Cygnar vs Retribution
Quick Battle Report
Garyth vs Siege
I was actually pretty terrified of what I thought siege could do and generally imagined this as a terrible match up for me
|Ret first turn|
Dalia full advances and casts Haunting Melody, Skarath runs and riles for 1.
Garyth advances and puts Mirage on the Sentinels.
Elara casts Battle Charged
|Cygnar first turn|
Journeyman Defenders Wards the Trenchers.
Trenchers at the vanguard combine and kill 2 Battle mages between 6 of them. Other shots made at the Battle Mages behind cover miss.
One of the jacks shoots Discordia for some damage.
|Ret second turn|
- Garyth upkeeps Mirage
- Dahlia leeches and upkeeps
- Elara gives black Griffon 1 focus and green Griffon 2 focus.
The best way to deal with a gun line is by jamming it.
- Sylys gives Garyth Arcane Secrets.
- Garyth advances to the wall. I was actually pretty terrified of what I thought siege could do and generally imagined this as a terrible match up for me. This is why I didn't rush out and feat sooner but let Eyriss run interference. Casts Death Sentence on the trenchers and shoots 2 with his hand guns.
- Arcanist gives Discordia 1 focus.
- Discordia advances, Imprints and then sprays down about 4 using Death Sentence to ensure accuracy.
- Skarath advances and sprays down 3 Trenchers, boosting to hit.
- Dahlia runs behind the objective
- Green Griffon imprints for +2 spd and runs to engage the group of Gun Mages and some Black 13th
- Artificer advances and gives Black Griffon a Focus.
- Black Griffon runs and engages Jacks and more Swans.
- Battle Mages advance and kill a Trencher each.
- Magister kills another.
- Sentinels get a run charge, 2 hit the front line and kill 2 more Trenchers while the rest huddle around Discordia.
- eEyriss runs through the gap that is now created, she positions in a spot which gives Technological Interference with all of his Jacks.
|Cygnar second turn.|
What he couldn't do.
- Give focus to his jacks
What he did do.
- Kill a large chunk of sentinels with Ground Pounder
- Shoot at Discordia
- Shoot at Skarath
- Engage in melee combat with the Griffons.
- Charge his Journeyman at a Griffon
- Some shooting into combat
- Knocked black Griffon down.
What he didn't do but I thought he could or should have.
- Kill Eyriss, either by dropping a ground pounder on her or using the Black 13th
- Use Black Penny, with anything
- Achieve anything useful in general.
|Retribution turn 3|
Vengance, Vengence, Vengeance.
- Skarath frenzies and charges and crit consumes the last remaining Trencher
- The green Griffon with 3 focus kills the Journeyman Warcaster
- Sentinels sweep up the flank killing the jack.
- Sylys activated and gave Garyth sexy whispers
- Garyth death sentenced the mechanics and shot a couple.
- Discordia sprays down a handful of the mechanic goblin things. (they looked menacing)
|Cygnar turn 3|
What he couldn't do
- Give focus to his one remaining jack
- Achieve anything without disengaging his Gun Mages
- Use his light jack because the Journeyman died
What he did do
- Ground pounded more Sentinels to dust.
- Shot the Griffon with push back rounds out of combat and down the table.
- Repaired his jack.
- Left his caster far enough away that Garyth cant charge him.
What he didn't do
- He still didn't kill Eyriss
- He didn't feat (not that he might have had any reason to at this point)
|Retribution turn 4|
3 control points for Retribution.
What Garyth has been afraid of all this time.
I don't really know what siege does but I had a suspicion if he feated and hit Garyth with a Ground Pounder or something like it he was dead, very likely dead.
I probably could have gone for the kill but.
- Its good practice to score scenario points
- I didn't want to make it look like it was so easy
- I was genuinely concerned about cracking armor 17 even with 4 pow10s and 2 pow 12s
- Skarath Charges and engages more Gun Mages
- Green Griffon does the same.
- Battle Mages charge the Objective and fail to destroy it
- Garyth charges the objective and finishes it off.
- Sentinels and black Griffon mop up in center.
|Cygnar turn 4|
- Gun mages get up and try to melee with Skarath
- Darius stands up and makes his attack hitting Discordia
First lesson in the assassination game.
Knock them down, if you have any way of doing it then use it.
|Ret turn 5|
I could have given Discordia 2 and made sure he knocked Siege to the ground but I didn't.
Garyth charging has 8 melee attacks, at mat 8 and arcane assassin you would think this is a sure thing.
Garyth charged Siege, hit with first attack rolled below 6 damage on 4 dice.
Hit and some damage leaving him on 5 boxes
Hit and killed
The dice gods saw fit to remind me in the first lesson of assassination and let me kill Siege with only my final 2 attacks.