Tally

Tally recording wins and loses, from games recorded on blog, since september 2014 and from certain memory over the last 3 years. (Beyond 3 years I just dont remember any games out of a 5 year history) of course its not ALL of my games but as much stunning victories and crushing defeats as I care to remember.

pVyros, W11 -L4 -. Assassin 10.
eVyros, W4 - L5. Assassin 3.
Rahn, W8 -L8. Assassin 6.
Garyth, W11 - L3-. Assassin 7.
Ravyn, W9 - L3-. Assassin 9.
Kaelyssa, W9 - L4- Assassin 6.
Ossyan, W13-L10-. Assassin 6.
Issyria,W15 - L1-. Assassin 9.
Thyron, W1 - L0 Assassin 1.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Battlecry the aftermath

I did not take photos of this tournament, deathclock kind of made it a bit harder and I never had the intention of writing a report for each game.

I was hoping to place well in this tournament and for a while I may have been able to, but it was only until I stepped back and looked that the majority of competition was from the creme of the Auckland Warmachine stock. So on a down note I didnt place but on an up note I may be running similar odds of placing at Ides, may be, there is still all of the out of towners to compete with.

    The first game today saw me against Cryx where Gaspy killboxed himself on the second turn and left me fairly comfortable to win on scenario, I almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory still but bought it back with a couple of lucky rolls. After that I had to play against NZ's highest ranked player and although I was in a good position early on in the game, I didnt really take advantage of it. I sat too far back out of fear mostly and lost on scenario, although he had a spate of high dice rolls making removing me from the zone rather easy.

That loss put me out of the running for top 3 so last game was a kind of kick around. Over all I felt that the Ossyan list was oddly strongest while Rahns was missing something. There were a few questions about the strike force but I feel the real problem was the Sphinx. Filling the unit out or taking some other solos might have done better. For Ossyan Hype with Chronomancer is kind of silly, I seldom actually used all of my Focus, the only real problem was I was a bit too conservative. I think with a tweak its a strong contender for a Ides list.

Over all a great weekend and some excellent practice for Ides. I got my first game in against Chris Baker and it was nowhere near as horrible as I had been lead to expect and had exellent games with exellent chaps all around. Made some new friends and contacts to boot, yay wargaming and yay Warmachine.

No comments:

Post a Comment