Tally

Tally recording wins and loses, from games recorded on blog, since september 2014 and from certain memory over the last 3 years. (Beyond 3 years I just dont remember any games out of a 5 year history) of course its not ALL of my games but as much stunning victories and crushing defeats as I care to remember.

pVyros, W11 -L4 -. Assassin 10.
eVyros, W4 - L5. Assassin 3.
Rahn, W8 -L8. Assassin 6.
Garyth, W11 - L3-. Assassin 7.
Ravyn, W9 - L3-. Assassin 9.
Kaelyssa, W9 - L4- Assassin 6.
Ossyan, W13-L10-. Assassin 6.
Issyria,W15 - L1-. Assassin 9.
Thyron, W1 - L0 Assassin 1.

Friday, February 1, 2013

eVyros Batreps

      So played 2 games tonight both with eVyros, the first against Trolls with E-Doomy, Mountain King, Eathborn, Champions, Janissa and a Kriel, maybe something else. It was 42 points and I was fielding.... actually I was one point over from the looks of it but my list was

Vyros, Incissar of the Dawnguard
Aspis
Gorgon
Griffon
Griffon
Banshee
House Shyeel Battle Mages (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Arcanist
Arcanist
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
House Shyeel Magister
Mage Hunter Assassin
Mage Hunter Assassin
Narn, Mage Hunter of Ios

Lanyssa Ryssyl

I think I was going to drop Skyreth for a destor Thane but forgot to. 
Not having the real hitting power to take out the Mountain King I was looking for a quick scenario win. 

First turn he ran up a unit of Champions on to my left hand flag and put the MK middle of the table. The Earthborn went into the forest on the right. From there I slammed the Griffon into his Champions knocking down all 3 but killing none. My Mage hunter assassin who has ran up to that flag the previous turn charged and killed one champion. There is a mean satisfaction in telling a troll player that he is not allowed make a tough roll.
 I intended to knock down the other trolls with a boosted Banshee shot and kill a couple with the collateral however the Banshee missed and so sat out about 6 inches away from MK. The right flank repositioned to threaten the Earthborn and hold the objective. Vyros advanced to about 2 inches behind the Banshee and feated. I ran the Gorgon into melee with the MK to force lock it into position. 
His turn. The champions got up and dicked around. Doomy cast a couple of primal shocks at the Gorgon taking out its shields and 2 middle columns. At this point the MK could have walked out of engagement and possibly sacked Vyros but the Troll player charged the Gorgon with 2 of his krielstone bearers and killed it, allowing me a feat trigger.
It was at this point that I pretty much decided unconsciously to loose the game. Hindsight saw that Vyros was not really under any threat from the MK, there was no physical space for it to move in to, I could have moved my banshee out of threat and have been positioned to possibly take out the MK next turn.
As it was however, I moved Vyros a full, overly cautious move backwards, placing him out of control for both of the Griffons on both flanks and leaving the Banshee to take the MK to the face. His Eatrhborn repositioned to some crates center right to rpepare for any counter attack on the MK.
Feat turn initated!
I was sitting on 2 Control Points by the end of this turn, and I figured if I can clear the remaining 4 champions off from the far point Vman could dominate it or I could simply score a total of 4 points by the end of my turn. So it was straight forward seeing as I had nothing to really give focus to I dropped Synergy and camped 6.
Griffon on the right flank held the flag, Griffon on the left tried to kill a champion, couldnt. my Mage hunter assassin tried to charge a champion, missed. Lanyssa hunters marked a Champion so Vyros could charge in with extended threat and left his charge target on one box. I was planning to kill the charge target quick work the other and have the MHA and Griffon mop up the other one. No such luck. On the other flank my army of solos 3/4 killed the earthborn.

So Vyros was sitting on full camp about 5 inches away from MK. Now Vyros is pretty tough, I have had his pVersion tank all kinds of beasts and jacks and his eVersion has tanked a Stormwall amongst other things, So I was thinking, he needs to clear out 2 solos to get the physical space to reach me, he then needs 10's to hit at d-4 damage.
Snatching defeat
10's to hit.... 10's.... now I have needed 9's on 4 dice and failed frequently. A 10 should be I dont know... 1 in 4? OK he had wild aggression, forgetting that kind of hurt me a little.
So he makes 3 attacks all 3 hit and at d-4 on 3 boosted damage rolls eVyros is rather squished. Unimpressed Vman, you could have either killed those trolls to let me dominate and win, or at least... well, ok MK with wild aggression is pretty angry even if he deos need 10's he has 5 fury.   




A very dead Vyros
I was, (still am) feeling a bit disillusioned  with eVyros but I thought for my next game I best give him another run. It was 35 V's Skorne with Emorg, Paingivers, Taskmaster, Gladiator, Molik Karn, Krea, Brute and a Gatorman posse.
Well I was about to forefit right away when I saw the posse and task master go down but I grudginly decided to continue. I ran....

 Vyros, Incissar of the Dawnguard
Griffon
Griffon
Banshee
Manticore
House Shyeel Battle Mages (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Arcanist
Arcanist
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
House Shyeel Magister
Lanyssa Ryssyll, Nyss Sorceress
  
 I took first turn and positioned the Battle Mages just out of charge range, Lanyssa took the forest to my left accompanied by a Griffon and its Arcanist. On the right I had a large house blocking the far flag, my other Griffon took up position on the far side of it near the flag along with its Arcanist, the Manticore and Banshee went up behind the battle mages and Vyros cast syenergy and sat near center left.
On his turn he attempted to charge with the Crocs and fell short, the rest repositioned to cover the left flag and center objective. The rest of his force positioned up behind his wall near the center objective. 
Vyros dropped 2 focus on the left Griffon and 2 on the manticore upkept synergy and camped the last. Lanyssa opened by hunters marking the far Gatorman, the one covering the Taskmaster. The magister moved around the center crates and whipsnapped a gatorman, moving the Manticore into a better position.I was poised to score at the end of this turn and I was thinking to score off of both flags by cunningly using my feat movement on the Griffon to place it to contest.
The Griffon cleared out the one gatorman it previously charged leaving one near him still, I was planning  to charge this with the Manticore in order to allow the Griffon to reposition and score witha feat move. It was probably a bad idea and I didnt do it. Instead it walked around to engage 3 Gatormans and killed them all with 1 point in synergy and 2 focus. It was however set to recieve a Titan of some description. The griffon on the far right flag scored me a point. The battle mages took the middle ground and pushed his beasts around a little bit.
Feat turn , watch the Banshee.
eVyros was safe from Molik Karn but he didnt have the far right Griffon under feat. Morgul moved up and flashing bladed, killing Eyriss who was center for no good reason and a Battle mage. This incidentally gave me 2 feat movements (The infernals as far as I know have not overruled this yet.) I used them to move my left Griffon into control the objective, hoping that by some lapse of sensibility he might just walk out of contestation with his last Gatorman. With the second feat trigger I re position Vyros to get the right Griffon into his control. Molik then moved up and killed another Battlemage, after Morgul sprinted into dominate the objective. With that kill trigger the right Griffon stepped back out of threat from Molik and contested the flag. Fatewalker kicked in and he respoitioned Molik in front of Morgul and sat him next to the flag. 
This time Vyros does not walk too far away.
I upketp synergy. I was looking at scoring 3 points easy this turn if I just sat safe. I started off by using my battle mages to pull Molik a bit closer to my Banshee who was still sitting center field, respotioned previously to  safety with feat movement. I got him about 4 inches closer, comfortable for the Banshee who was on 3 focus and concentrated power from the Arcanist. The left griffon sparked up and killed the croc, adding one to synergy. Then Vyros made a ride by going up and tapping the Titan that killed the Manticore adding another point to synergy and moving back behind the crate. The banshee charged Molik who was maxxed on fury at this point and due to some rather unlucky rolling still managed to just kill him to the box. The right Griffon walked up to Morgul and controlled the point. Leaving me with 4 at the end of the turn.
Banshee kills Molik, Griffon sits pretty on opponents flag.
At this point the rest of the game was merely for show, The Titan did charge Vyros but failed to connect with all but one attack, only dealing 6 damage. It was easy enough to win on scenario at that point but for the sake of being a bad sportsman I tried to assassinate him to bring in max victory points, and failed. 

Never mind a win on scenario and a decent one at that.  

Righto! 

No comments:

Post a Comment