Tally

Tally recording wins and loses, from games recorded on blog, since september 2014 and from certain memory over the last 3 years. (Beyond 3 years I just dont remember any games out of a 5 year history) of course its not ALL of my games but as much stunning victories and crushing defeats as I care to remember.

pVyros, W11 -L4 -. Assassin 10.
eVyros, W4 - L5. Assassin 3.
Rahn, W8 -L8. Assassin 6.
Garyth, W11 - L3-. Assassin 7.
Ravyn, W9 - L3-. Assassin 9.
Kaelyssa, W9 - L4- Assassin 6.
Ossyan, W13-L10-. Assassin 6.
Issyria,W15 - L1-. Assassin 9.
Thyron, W1 - L0 Assassin 1.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Rahn Batrep 2. Luck gnomes and dice gods.

35 point game with Rahn tonight, very similar list to the 42.


Adeptis Rahn Shyeel
Phoenix
Sylys Wyshnalyrr, the Seeker
House Shyeel Battle Mages (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
Mage Hunter Strikeforce (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Mage Hunter Commander
Arcanist
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
House Shyeel Artificer
House Shyeel Magister
Mage Hunter Assassin
Mage Hunter Assassin

  His list was something like

Vlad
War Dog
Conquest
Decimator
Eliminators
Eliminators
Mechanics min unit
Yuri the Axe

   Now he admits its not the best list, but the deal was we just got our packages delivered with our new toys in them and he reallly wanted to use the Decimator and the Eliminators, and who can blame him they are gorgeous models. Plus he had a hankering to play the Conquest. 
I was going to proxy in Hyperion but decided to wait until it arrived in stead.

   I also had a secret addition to my list who wandered dubiously into the gaming garage with a smug grin from ear to ear, which may have been a result of confidence in his awesome mustache or just a developed safety mechanism to being an otherwise lost and strange little person in a room full of geeks and loud noises. Never the less he established a presence over our table and spectated the game, at about the same time it all started to turn phenomenally rosey for me, I asked if he could come and hang around at the upcoming tournaments alas he was not obliging, I also asked if I could stroke his mustache and he was less obliging.

The god of dice takes many a mysterious form.
Deployment
Now overall I was screwed. 
His list composition may have been poo but there was little I could do against the Conquest. I was thinking about how I was possibly going to line up an assassination on Vlad.
Doesn't the Decimator look like a cool Spartan helmet?
I take first turn and instantly try to form a smiley face with my unit formations. Realising that Eyriss as a nose is a little too far to the left I give up. In disgust of my failed attempt Aiyanna and Holt go into stealth, the Artificer blocks me out with a force wall and Rahn force fields himself while polarity shielding the Battle Mages.

He advances and does next to nothing, the far left flag disappears and the walking helmet gets closer.

Now you see it...
 Rahn drops 2 on the Pheonix and casts a force hammer at the Decimator, giving it a mighty spartan like kick backwards, Eyriss plinks it and causes disruption. This was the opening move of a combo of moves which pretty much saw the Decimator doing nothing all game. The 2 focus on the Pheonix was completely wasted as it shot at Yuri and missed deviation.

Now you don't!
 Whoops what happened there? Well apart from me not taking some photographs what basically happened was the eliminators moved in and killed a couple of the Strike Force. The other 2 went up and shanked the Battlemage near the right flag. The pheonix went up and combusted an Elimintor and the Battle Mage. It also took a rather hefty round of shooting from the conquest and was looking pretty bad. I rolled up its shield regen twice and got a 1, using the same die over 2 turns, and also failed to repair it. It was at this point that I threw the die away in disgust and the Luck Gnome appeared.

Everything else I had shot or spelled or charged the conquest, under Rahns feat with Kiss of Lylys on it. I left it on 21 boxes and still had Yuri holding the right flag. First mage hunter charges the conquest, 6,6,6,3 at dice minus 8 (I actually said it was dice minus 9 but realised now my math was out) it wrecked it, and the other assassin charged Yuri and killed him in one shot too.

The following turn the Eliminators nip over the crates and kill Aiyanna and Holt. I respond by lining up the Artificer and slamming him over the Eliminators with a psuedo boosted  Force Hammer. To be honest the thought of slamming a couple of sexy assassins to death with my force hammer seems pretty appealing so I'm sure the Artificer didn't mind the experience either.
Push, slam, disrupt, push, slam, disrupt, push, slam, snake eyes...
 By this time I'm on 2 control points. Rahn charges up and Force Blasts the Decimator away then Telekinesis's himself to control the flag and Tk's the devastator back and facing away. It is probably worth noting that somehow during this my Pheonix died. What  happened was Eyriss missed with her shot and it got up with 2 focus and wrecked the Pheonix.
Vlad goes about soloing my army while I try desperately to win on scenario.


 At this point I had probably won, but we couldn't remember how much I needed to win, so we took a hypothetical turn anyway. Vlad came through cast signs and portents and stabbed Eyriss, then battle maged Rahn doing 10 damage, he tried to do it again but failed to hit. If I didn't win last turn on scenario I'm pretty sure I did now.

Battle Wizard is soooooo cool!


 So another one up for Rahn, what a boss. I drove home playing his theme song wait... maybe that should be Vyros's song.
Thank you mysterious gnomely dice god!

No comments:

Post a Comment